Massachusetts State Police Release – 01132015 – Two Arrested on Firearm and Narcotics Offenses
On Monday January 12, 2015 at approximately 12:15 a.m., Trooper Matthew Stone of the State Police Barracks in Springfield stopped a Ford Mustang on I-391 Northbound in the city of Chicopee for motor vehicle violations. The operator was identified as BRANDEN A. FOURNIER, 20, of Holyoke. The passenger was identified as STEVEN M. LOVELY, 40, also of Holyoke.
As a result of an investigation, FOURNIER was found to be in unlawful possession of a loaded Raven Arms .25 caliber pistol. LOVELY was found to be in possession of bundles of wax envelopes believed to be heroin, bags of white powder believed to be cocaine, two packets of Suboxone and two bags with Oxycodone pills. Both men were placed under arrest. Trooper Stone was assisted by Trooper Corey Choruzek.
FOURNIER was charged with the following:
- Unlicensed Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Improper Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of ammunition without FID
- Motor Vehicle Lights Violation
- License Not in Possession
LOVELY was charged with the following:
- Possession to Distribute Class A Drug, Heroin
- Possess Class B Drug, Cocaine
- Possession to Distribute Class B Drug, Subsequent Offense, Oxycodone
- Possession to Distribute Class B Drug, Subsequent Offense, Suboxone
- Failure to Wear Seat Belt
Both men were held pending their arraignment in Springfield District Court.
No further information is currently available. Please do not call the barracks directly.