Massachusetts State Police Release – 02182018 – Disabled Car, Narcotics and Firearm, Result in Arrest of Plymouth Man
Early this morning, at approximately 3:33 a.m., Trooper Michael Pacheco of the State Police Barracks in North Dartmouth was on patrol, when he observed a Pontiac Grand Am that appeared to be disabled on Route 24 Southbound, just north of Route 195 in Fall River.
The driver of the vehicle, identified as JOSHUA J. SILVA, 42, of Plymouth was found to have seven outstanding warrants for his arrest from previous offenses, from Plymouth District Court. With the assistance of Fall River Police Officer Gary Pasternak, SILVA was placed under arrest, and found to be in possession of a loaded .38 caliber, Smith & Wesson revolver, as well as three packets of Suboxone sublingual strips, a controlled Class B substance. SILVA does not have a license to carry firearms.
SILVA was charged with the following offenses:
1. Possession of firearm / ammo without FID card, subsequent offense
2. Possession of firearm without FID card
3. Improper storage of a firearm
4. Carrying a loaded firearm
5. Firearm violation with 3 prior violent/drug crimes
6. Drug, Possession of a Class B Substance, subsequent offense
SILVA was transported to the North Dartmouth Barracks for booking.
No further information is available. Please do not contact the barracks directly.