November 25, 2018 – Last night at about 11:35 P.M., Trooper Devon Surian stopped a 2008 Lexus ES350 near Bell Circle in Revere for unlawfully dark window tint. Upon making contact with the occupants, Trooper Surian observed an open bottle of an alcoholic beverage inside the vehicle. The operator, who provided false identifying information about himself and did not have an active license, and the passenger, were both in possession of knives, in violation of a Revere ordinance.
During a motor vehicle inventory, Trooper Surian located a loaded, 9mm Millennium G2 handgun. Neither occupant was licensed for possession of that gun or the associated ammunition.
The operator, BARKLEY MANUEL, 28, of Randolph, and his passenger, JAMAINE BURTON, 29, of Boston, were both arrested and charged with the following offenses:
1. Possession of a Firearm, 3rd Offense
2. Carrying a loaded firearm
3. Possession of ammunition without an FID Card
4. Armed Career Criminal
5. Possession of a high capacity weapon
6. Municipal Ordinance Violation (Knife- blade in excess of two and one half inches)
MANUEL was additionally charged with the following:
1. Operating after license suspension
2. Failure to identify
3. Open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle
4. Tinted window violation
BURTON was additionally cited for failure to wear a seatbelt.
MANUEL was held on $50,000 bail. BURTON was held without bail. Both men will be arraigned in Chelsea District Court tomorrow.